List of active policies
|Terms & Conditions||Site policy||Authenticated users|
Terms for using this website
- Unionlink is an online training platform owned by CWU, FSU and Mandate Trade Unions. The data you provide may be shared with your own union for the purposes of updating your membership details. Otherwise it will be used by Unionlink, i.e. the three unions, CWU, FSU and Mandate Trade Unions, solely for training and development purposes.
- Use by minors: No minors under the age of 16 are permitted to create an account on Unionlink.
- Unionlink, or any of its owners and collaborative partners, is not responsible for the information contained on third party websites and by linking to them does not implicitly or explicitly endorse these websites or associated organisations.
- Unionlink cannot assume responsibility for the presence of viruses, malware and/or spyware on third party linked websites encountered during the course. Guarding against malware and viruses is a common practice among users of computer technology and course participants must take full responsibility and apply their own precautions in this respect.
- Guidance on the technology necessary to access course materials is provided in the course introduction and is available through your union. However, it is ultimately the participant’s responsibility to ensure they have access to the technology necessary for full participatory access (Broadband, PC, etc.).
- Unionlink cannot support learners with problems opening files externally if they are caused by incompatible software and/or hardware.
- Unionlink uses Moodle, a Virtual Learning Environment tool. Activities on Moodle are fully audited. Records are kept of when users access courses and resources along with a log of all communications such as forum posts, assignment submissions etc. These records are available to course tutors, course administrators and technical advisors within Unionlink and its collaborative partners. Moodle logs contain detailed information about user activity within each course, including the date and time of when course-specific information was viewed and/or updated, the address of the machine from which the access was made, the browser identification information and information about the referring web page.
- As a course participant you undertake to abide by the following guidance in relation to course discussion forums and any other communications associated with Unionlink: “All communications must be of a professional and appropriate nature. It is considered advisable to desist from naming your employer in any context. All references to establishments or individuals must be of a professional and respectful nature”.
- Users should not post personal or sensitive information to any part of Moodle, including course activities and blogs.
- Unionlink reserves the right to terminate your access to its website and its services at any time and without due notice or prior notification.
- Unionlink reserves the right to deny or retrospectively withdraw course approval for any breach of terms and conditions.
- Unionlink reserves the right to cancel a course if a minimum number of participants has not enrolled for that course. We will endeavour to provide as much notice as possible in the event that a course has to be cancelled.
- Unionlink is for use by CWU, FSU and Mandate Trade Union members and officials. On occasion permission access may be granted to other parties to view or access courses. Permission should be sought from Unionlink/the three unions for any reproduction, republication or retransmission.
- Course participants may download (where made available) and/or print course materials and make copies of these for personal, educational and non-commercial use only.
- While every effort has been made to ensure that course content is accurate and up to date at the time of dissemination it may be subject to later alteration or amendment.
- Unionlink abides by a Data Retention Policy of a maximum of two years from the date of an individual’s last engagement with Unionlink. However, any data shared by Unionlink with your own trade union is subject to your own Union data retention policy. Please consult your union (CWU, FSU, Mandate Trade Union) for this policy.
- Any visitor can view the Unionlink website, but in order to participate in the online content and courses you must register for a personal account by providing personal details, such as membership number and by providing a password. You agree that you will never divulge or share access or your access information to your learner account with any third party for any reason. You agree to keep your password and any enrolment keys (codes) for specific courses secure.
- You participate in our courses as an independent learner. While Unionlink endeavours to provide notice of all pertinent course completion details and requirements, it is your responsibility to complete all course requirements prior to course closure.
- Communications sent to or received from third party service providers or other third parties are not endorsed, sponsored or approved by Unionlink in any manner, unless expressly stated otherwise.
- Changes and/or updates to these Terms of Service will be automatically notified to users upon login / re-login to the system.
General Statement from Unionlink
Unionlink respects your right to privacy and will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your clear permission. Any personal information which you volunteer will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with GDPR, i.e. the General Data Protection Regulations, May 2018. This Policy will be reviewed on a regular basis and may be modified.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Upon registering with Unionlink you will be requested to provide personal details, such as membership number, email address, gender, employer. You may also be asked for information when you report a problem with the Website or seek support.
Unionlink may also collect data relating to your visits to the Website. Unionlink uses Moodle, a Virtual Learning Environment tool. Activities on Moodle are fully audited. Records are kept of when users access courses and resources along with a log of all communications such as forum posts, assignment submissions etc. These records are available to course tutors, course administrators and technical advisors within Unionlink and its collaborative partners. Moodle logs contain detailed information about user activity within each course, including the date and time of when course-specific information was viewed and/or updated, the address of the machine from which the access was made, the browser identification information and information about the referring web page.
You are responsible for keeping your password and enrolment keys confidential and secure.
Unionlink Data Retention Policy
Unionlink abides by a Data Retention Policy of a maximum of two years from the date of an individual’s last log-in with Unionlink. Upon expiry of a two year period of no activity on an account the personal details and activity logs of individuals will be deleted. Aggregate logs/reports of activity (e.g. number of users in employment groups, gender/age breakdown) may be kept.
It should be noted that any data shared by Unionlink with your own trade union, and which is used/retained by your Union, is subject to your own Union data retention policy. Please consult your union (CWU, FSU, Mandate Trade Union) for this policy.
Collection and Use of Technical Information
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged for statistical purposes.
Two cookies are used by this site.
The essential one is the session cookie, usually called MoodleSession. You must allow this cookie into your browser to provide continuity and maintain your login from page to page. When you log out or close the browser this cookie is destroyed (in your browser and on the server).
The other cookie is purely for convenience, MOODLEID. It just remembers your username within the browser. This means when you return to this site the username field on the login page will be already filled out for you. It is safe to refuse this cookie - you will just have to retype your username every time you log in.
We do not currently use any analytics.
All information is stored on our secure servers. Whilst we will do everything to protect the security of your information, we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will not be able to breach our security measures. You acknowledge that you provide your information to us at your own risk.
Unionlink has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while Unionlink strives to protect all users’ personal information, Unionlink cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to Unionlink and users do so at their own risk. Once Unionlink receives users’ transmissions, the best effort is made to ensure its security on the Unionlink system.”
Any user with a data request should contact firstname.lastname@example.org